We are beneficiary members of the Focus on Forestry First organisation with a Certificate of Recognition of our valuable investment in skills training.
We, as a business, take training very seriously and this is one of our most pivotal procedures within our Company. We like to create a friendly environment in which employees can development and harness new skills where they are encouraged to promote themselves within our company through training, courses tailored to meet our values and expectations. Mentoring is also key with senior tree surgery & consultancy staff providing mentoring opportunites to develop the team members skills base & arboricultural knowledge.
A basic standard for all our employees are.
• Emergency First Aid at Work + Forestry.
• Level 2 Award in Safe Use of a Manually Fed Wood-chipper.
• Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross Cutting.
Once our employees have the certificates in the above courses and are comfortable to gain more qualifications, we also encourage the following.
• Level 2 Award in Felling and Processing Trees up to 380mm
• Level 2 Award in Tree Climbing and Rescue.
Once these certificates are gained there is still more opportunities to progress further within our company and industry. In our recognition that learning, and training, can take you higher up the ladder within the Arboricultural industry, we encourage it and provide it.
Further training and courses that our employees are undertaking this year.
• Level 3 Award in Felling and Crown Breakdown of Large Trees.
• Level 3 Award in Aerial Tree Rigging.
• Level 3 Award in Installation and Maintenance of Structural Tree Supports.
Obtaining professional status. Two of our employees have undergone the LANTRA Award Level 2 Tree Inspectors course, are presently undergoing moderation for the Level 2 Diploma in Arboriculture whilst one more of our employees is currently undergoing the Level 4 Diploma in Arboriculture attending Westonbirt Arboretum via the Tree Life programme.
Steve Ambler & Sons take training very seriously and encourage our staff to progress within the industry as much as possible.